Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Twilight Effect!




When I was little, I used to read a lot of fairy tales and fictitious stories. From then I have been of the idea that angels are good people with wings and they are always around to take care of you. And demons are bad people or creatures who like killing people and so on. I almost developed phobia to negative characters like demons and ‘Vampires’. Until one day, when my friend came up to me and told me about this novel called ‘Twilight’ and she gave me the basic story line……
Hmmm this was interesting, a love story of a normal girl and a VAMPIRE!!! It caught my immediate attention……. But I am just not the kind who would patiently wait to read the whole novel! So I took the easy way out, I watched the movie.
I agree that I may have missed out on many important parts, which were in the book but not in the movie, but since I dint know the details of the book, I enjoyed the movie………
It is needless to explain the storyline. What is interesting is the fact that a normal girl falls in love with a Vampire. Now this is a very interesting point. I mean aren’t vampires supposed to live on human blood? Well well but this does not seem to be the scene in the movie. Infact the vampire is so handsome and harmless that every girl would want him as their boyfriend.
What I love the most is that the vampires eyes change colour according to his moods. The way his eyes shine when he looks into her eyes with love! Oh it is just adorable! He is the perfect guy, he is protective about her, he takes care of her, he loves her and the most important fact is that though he is the most tempted by her scent of blood, he is the one who is trying his best to save her from the others. I think this is the best way to portray love. I mean it would be the last thing a vampire would do, to resist himself from blood, which tempts him the most!
Edward Cullen has become the talk of the town and I am not at all surprised why!
For all the girls he is their dream….. and I am one of them!
Sometimes I really wonder how stereotypes can be broken and have such a great impact on the audiences! So here goes cheers to Stephanie Meyer, who has done a commendable job of it.
Living in a fantasy land?!
That is just me

2 comments:

  1. Great to know im not alone in fallin for a vampire.. Edward Cullen has made me put vampires right on top of my list of adorable monsters.I'm ardently waitin for 'new moon' to release in dec.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an age old Chandamama story...:)
    The funny part of this story is the changing eye colors. Though cudnt understand the logic, but may be that author has explored love deeper to find that actually, Love is "Color" Blind.

    ReplyDelete